Monday, November 17, 2008

Happy (Un) Birthday Grandma Duff

Danielle, Dad, and Grandma Duff
taken April 07

I couldn't let today go by without remembering Grandma Duffy. She always celebrated Grandpa's birthday even though he died before I was born. She always called and sang us happy birthday over the phone. I've been trying to mentally put together my memories of her. A lot of what I know about baking and cooking comes to mind. Egg Gravy at Easter, rolls for Sunday dinner, her helping me make Zucchini bread from the Lyon House cook book. She helped my sister and I decorate our bikes so we could ride them in the East Millcreek parade. Two fruits: RASPBERRIES and GRAPES. Her playing card games and board games with us. The endless hours of fun my sister, cousins and I had playing in her basement. I guess the biggest thing I can take from Grandma is remembering and trying to recreate the love and service she gave to her family. I know she is happy but I sure miss her!

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Great post on Grandma, wonderful memories and nice picture!

Natalie said...

I miss her too. I loved playing Old Maid with her.

Meredith said...

Random thing... i was talking to my sister today and she had been "blog stalking" and discovered that your brother in law went to dental school with her husband! like i said... random, but fun!

Meredith said...

They are Brent and Kristen Rigby. Dental School at Ohio State graduated 2006. And I totally blog stalk too. It is the best way to find people you know!

Lisa Tucker said...

I love this picture. I have been thinking about her as well. It will be a year in a couple of months. I can't believe how fast this year has gone. Hope all is going well with you.

About me said...

Dee I cried when I read this. Thanks for the memories.

Anonymous said...

We will all miss her, nice memories to keep and more will come randomly I'm sure. She did make great rolls, maybe you could teach me sometime.
Love all the new updates, the tree and seeing David. See you soon.