Wednesday, August 18, 2010

JFK Birthplace

We've spent the summer learning everything about the Kennedy family, especially Rose and Joseph Kennedy, JFK's parents. Danielle studied a lot to prepare for her tours and we ended up with all the details. As you can imagine we were anxious to see the house and the tour after more than one trip to drop Danielle off for work. We finally made it during Danielle's last week there.

Park Rangers eating lunch, did you know that they are required to wear their hats outside?

I must say Danielle did an excellent job and I really enjoyed myself. I was only moved to tears twice!! She had some really sweet little stories about the family and the first four Kennedy kids that lived there. This is one of those things that you would never really plan time to see, but I'm glad we did. I wasn't alive to understand the impact that JFK and all the Kennedy's had on America but I think especially being in Boston it is something important to learn.

A photo in the gift shop afterwards.

Sorry Danielle, I just can't get enough of that cute uniform!



Brad was very tired of pictures at this point.

Thanks to the National Parks Service for hiring my sister and allowing our whole family a very fun summer.

No comments: