Saturday, July 5, 2008

Leaving Phoenix


Thankfully today was pretty easy going. We hung out with Grandma Noele and said goodbye to Amy and Mike and their family. Jared seemed a little sad to have Brad go which I felt bad about but I also thought was really sweet. We had to have Chino's with them of course! Brad did a few last minute errands at Jiffy Lube and the post office. We realized that we had to say goodbye to Brad's Focus too. It has been a really wonderful car despite some strange repairs (the automatic window...the ignition lock...the wire crossover between the trunk and windshield wipers) it really grew on us. I can't picture Brad driving anything else. Anyone need a good little car with lots of miles on it?

My parents picked us up and drove us to the airport. We bought David a ticket and took as much stuff in his bad as we could fit. Brad, David and I and all our stuff pretty much filled the mini-van. Grandma and Grandpa gave us some much needed help in the airport and then we were off...I was able to control myself and only shed a few tears once we took off. David feel asleep just after we got in the air.

Some of what we left behind in our apartment....

1 comment:

Alison said...

I'm so confused... what do you mean left behind in your apartment? Aren't you going to be in Boston for a couple of years??

Anyway... glad you got off safely! Looking forward to hearing of your fun adventures in this new chapter of your life!