When we decided on a red-eye flight (left PHX @ 10:30 PM) we figured it would be great for David. He slept the ENTIRE time, even during our short layover in Detroit. He woke up just as we landed in Boston all bright eyed and bushy tailed. What Brad and I didn't realize is that we wouldn't sleep. Brad got some snoozing in but I was up the entire time. I was not a happy camper when we couldn't check into our hotel early. I actually had to sleep in the car while Brad and David took a little walk. After I essentially passed out and slept for awhile things were much better. We enjoyed driving around and taking everything in. I'm suprised by how old everything is out here--I'm used to the west I guess. It is GREEN and humid. Brad took me past BU and the BU Medical School (separate places) and we saw Harvard too. We even got a peek at Fenway park from the highway.
Grandpa Kent (Brad's Dad) arrived with our car and we spent the evening with him. He was wonderful and drove for almost four whole days so we could fly. Even though Grandpa tends to enjoy long car trips he did seem a little tired. We all turned in after catching the end of the Yankees Red Sox game.
3 comments:
How fun that you are there! Take lots of pics!
Glad that you Brad and David arrived safely in your new surroundings. Ward and I hoped that everything went well for the 3of you on the flight to Boston.
You will notice that it seems like everything looks old on the East Coast. Here in the West we build and then tear down and rebuild.
Let us know how things are going for you there.
Love Sigie and Ward
I'm so happy you made it to Boston safely! Miss you a bunch
Post a Comment