Birthdays seem much different now than they did when I was in school or working. It was pretty much a normal somewhat boring day. :) I am beginning to wonder when I'll feel more like a grown up. I still don't. Anyway, I did spend a lot of the day on the phone with family and friends; I spoke with Danielle several times because she was flying London that evening. (Check out her new blog--danielleduffy.blogspot.com--it already has tons of details on her adventures in England.) Brad came home with a nice perfume set for my gift. I was excited about that. I have bottles and bottles of scented sprays but nothing "special." We ate Taco Bell for dinner. Aren't we so gourmet? They are few and far between out here and it is my favorite fast food. I feel asleep watching an episode of our new favorite TV on DVD series Smallville. I'm not much of a party animal I guess.





On Saturday afternoon we went to see Dark Knight. We hired a sitter and the whole bit. I'm usually not a fan of a movie like this but after Danielle and Brad prodded me enough I watched and really enjoyed Batman Returns. My step-dad was concerned that Brad was taking me to see an action flick for my birthday, but I assured him it was by choice. The movie was great but much darker than the first. We got out early and did a little shopping without our little monster. We came home to find our house cleaner than we had left it and a happy David. PHEW! Even though the movie was cheap by the time we paid the sitter I realized why people find it so hard to go out. It was expensive and this young lady doesn't even charge the going rate. I fell asleep early again...maybe we'll have a night on the town next year if I can manage to stay awake.
4 comments:
HAPPY BDAY! Hope it was fun!
Happy birthday Deidre. I dont think I'll ever feel grown up. I guess its just the older we get, the more we have to pretend:) And I love simple birthdays. Taco Bell, a movie and shopping sound great to me.
Happy Belated Birthday! Love you blog and so much enjoy reading it. Your family is darling. Wish you still lived here in AZ. This is a great way to stay in touch. Love you Auntie
Yes, birthdays change as an adult. I find myself thinking about my life and where I am in it. Kind of a reflective time marking more when I left premortal life for this proving ground. Glad you were able to get out and celebrate with Brad. Love your blog. I look at it everyday to check in on you guys. Love Ya!
Post a Comment