Thursday, November 27, 2008

We Give Thanks

The turkey was the best I have ever tasted--no lie. We are still trying to figure out exactly what Brad did to it.

We decided to host Thanksgiving at our house this year. My friends from high school (Steve and Danielle) made the trip from Philadelphia and joined us. We had a total of four families over for dinner; neighbors/friends from church, dental school, and high school! The preparations were not too bad. Brad did all of the hard work and I tried to keep David out of the way. Everyone brought a side dish and a pie so all we had to worry about was the turkey, ham, and potatoes! It turned out great. We played a game of Cranium afterward. It was interspersed with snacking on the vegetable tray and eating pie. I think everyone enjoyed it. We didn't have a chance to miss our family until most of the guests were gone. I'd say our first east coast Thanksgiving was a success.


Steve having fun with the knife...


The table...it is a good idea to iron the table cloth before you put it on! This was the 'christening' of our china that has been sitting in storage for over three years. I'm glad we registered for it.


David spent Thanksgiving getting into things. He tumbled down the stairs and managed to get a sharp pie knife off of the table AND lick it. It scared us and made us feel like bad parents but he has no wounds from the mischief.


He is ELEVEN months old today! And he loved the stuffing...

5 comments:

Alison said...

What a great Thanksgiving! And your table looked wonderful. Congrats on the great turkey!!!

Cindy said...

Gorgeous table and sounds like a delish turkey. Thanks for making it seem like we celebrated with you!

Justina Selim said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds fun! When I do things like that, I kind of feel like I am playing house! You know like, you couldn't possibly be old enough to have your own Thanksgiving away from parents. . . maybe I am weird :->

Nivette said...

Thanks for the purse comments :) I haven't sold them before, but they are easy to make, so yeah, I'd definitely consider it. Probably easier to do them custom as people want them, though.

Natalie said...

Updates! Updates! Updates!