Friday, February 27, 2009

Spa Night

The early arrivals awaiting an evening of pampering and relaxation...


My friend Laura hosted a spa night to help me relax and celebrate the impending little arrival...I was under the impression it wouldn't be a shower per se but in true Laura style it was a full blown party. I can't even describe how fabulous the night was.

Laura and I

Dress was strictly casual...jammies or other comfortable clothes were required! How many people are really willing to post a nine months pregnant picture? I should get an award.

The Refreshment Table

Everything was beautifully presented and carefully labeled with darling tags. Laura also made us banana smoothies as we came in. There were water bottles too.

Foot Soak

There were three stations--lips, hands, and feet. Each station was oh so relaxing and perfectly planned out. Laura and Janelle did me the service of a lifetime by giving me a pedicure. I appreciated that because I really can't reach my feet!

Laura getting her toes painted by Janelle

We didn't leave the party empty handed...there were favors to take home so we could continue relaxing. I left feeling completely unwound and spoiled. I was really touched that I was the guest of honor at such a great party. It meant a lot to know that I have friends here who care about me. Now we just need a baby...(!)

10 comments:

Nikki said...

wow, sweet friends! It is good to see that you have friends that care so much about you!

Jessica Gonzalez said...

What a great idea! I can't wait to see pictures of the baby when he arrives!!!

Cindy said...

That is the coolest 'baby' shower! You look great! Just how you should for having a wee one. How many more days?

Please call us when he arrives.

Heidi said...

We would throw you a fun party if you were closer - know that we love you and are missing you from afar...

Shelly said...

Sounds like a wonderful baby shower, great idea! Good luck with baby #2!

Kim and Nathan said...

I cant believe you are already 9 months. You look great! And what a fun idea for a party/shower. Glad you were able to relax before the baby comes. Good luck with everything.

Nadia said...

looks like it was a fun evening. To be honest, I think that it's the 2-3 month post pregnancy pictures that are the worst when you realize that you haven't lost very much weight still! Good luck with everything. We hope to hear some news soon.

Hayley said...

Looks like a great night- you deserve it! xx

Ashley said...

I am so bummed to have missed--Laura is amazing! And I loved the idea of a spa night for a baby shower! It looks like it was a fabulous night!!

Heidi said...

What a FABULOUS idea. I LOVE it! What a great night!