Saturday, June 20, 2009

Walnut Canyon

I'll admit to having a bit of "cabin fever" I told Brad I had to get out of dodge this weekend. We headed up to cooler weather in Flagstaff. I was armed with the latest issue of Arizona Highways but absolutley no idea what we were going to do. After arriving and buying lunch at Safeway we decided on Walnut Canyon. It was getintonationalparksfree weekend AND we found they let you borrow hiking backpacks for free too. Good thing. We couldn't have done it without David being tied up.
The view was amazing and the weather was PERFECT. It is funny how you are different as a parent. It was pretty steep and I was scared that I'd fall and William would get hurt. My knees kept locking up and my legs were a little wobbly. I felt like an idiot because this has never been a problem before. Luckily I only did a small superficial stumble at the end that bruised my ego more than anything.

Brad and David inside and Sinagua Indian dwelling--very fascianting. We spotted them all the way down.

Family Photo Op

They way back up was steep....but there were stairs. David would say "hi" to everyone that walked past us going down. It was pretty funny.

Glad no one fell too hard on the way up!


Picnic lunch after we got out of the canyon. It rained for a minute but the temperature never got too cold.

It was the perfect day trip for us. The ride back didn't go as smooth as the ride up did but what can you expect with two little guys in the car? I felt bad when I noticed that we were all a little sunburnt even with suncreen.

No comments: