I have this distinct memory of my first birthday away from home. It was my freshman year at BYU. My Mom had just left to get back home and I had started my first week of classes. I turned 19. The day came and went without anyone really making a big deal. I was pretty devastated because my family (espeically Mom) had always made things special. I came to this realization that I was an adult and birthdays just weren't that special anymore. I told myself to grow up and move on...
Stacey and I in our jammies--dosen't really look like I grew up does it?!
And thanks to Brad for the cute new pj's
And thanks to Brad for the cute new pj's
Janelle was the party planner. She set up the tent, planned the games, and brought goodies. It was a nice surprise and much needed girls night out.
Tiffany provided the backyard and more goodies. Everyone brought a homemade treat or a game or both. We just ended up sitting in the tent and talking the entire night (We'll have to do another one and actually play the game Janelle.) We probably would have stayed a little later if there weren't hungry babies and tired husbands waiting at home. Thanks ladies, you really made me feel special.
3 comments:
Yay! Happy Birthday you cutie! I forgot to wish you a good one. We were up to our necks in funeral for Heather that day...
so cute. happy birthday!
That's so nice that you have some great friends out in Boston. Hope that you had a fun day.
Post a Comment