We drove just a little further to Maine and I'm glad that we did. This has been the only state that looks like I thought it would before I ever saw it. Rocky coast, lighthouses and all. I kept telling Brad we should have the next Cammack reunion here but he seemed to think it was a little far away for everyone else.
Nubble Lighthouse
View as we drove past the Long Sands Beach in York
I loved taking in the views as we drove along the beaches and through the little tourist town. This is a place to come back when the kids are a little bigger or maybe sometime for a weekend away. Quaint with lovely views, beaches, and a little amusement park. It was very busy since Labor Day tends to be the last big hurrah for the summer.
All of us near the lighthouse
I'm squinting and Will is sticking out his tongue.
Take Two. This is what David does when we say "cheese." And I'm still squinting.
It was so pretty we just took it all in!
The only way to safely get near the water.
A view of the Nubble Lighthouse. We couldn't go up inside. The only way to get there is in a little cable car over the ocean (or swimming but I wouldn't recommend that.)
I'm really grateful to have a husband who is adventurous. I always love to go new places and see new things but I have a hard time getting out the door. Brad is always there packing up the car and getting things prepared. I was a little sad for summer to be gone.
2 comments:
Yes, you guys are adventureous, and I think it's great! Your tours are wonderful for the rest of us too!
You certainly live in a beautiful part of the country. It's a shame that the winters are just too harsh there. Hopefully we will get to see it in the next couple of years.
Post a Comment