Friday, January 8, 2010

Five or Six Kids

Brad and I got to pretend that we had six kids. Brad's sister Amy and her husband headed to a photography conference in Nashville and left us to hold down the fort from Friday until Wednesday afternoon. I'm glad that she trusts us that much.
David and Jared enjoy the park on Saturday morning

Megan gives the stake board a try

Jared is becoming a real pro

Nate helps push David on the swings

I'd probably want to put that cool hat on too!

Amy's kids are older and very self sufficient. They helped with cleaning, fixing dinner, and they played with David and Will. For me the most challenging part about it was having my kids in a different space (How many times did David open the snack cupboard and help himself? Maybe 36?) It was nice to spend time with nieces and nephews without their parents around! I can only hope that we left everyone thinking what a cool and hip aunt and uncle they have.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

They do think you are pretty cool! I am glad they were helpful. They are looking forward to having your kids around! Thanks again for watching them. You are the BEST!

Heidi said...

So does that mean that now you are wanting 5 or 6 kids?

Deidre said...

It meant that we had five kids and six when our other niece came back from a weekend away...