Monday, January 25, 2010

Wrapping Up the Magical Trip

Thankfully today was easy going. We finished up some things we missed the other two days: animation studio, splash mountain, and of course all the really fun rides one more time.



I was jealous but Brad says I just need to be more "flexible"


Brad is just a goof!


It was fun to listen to some of the entertainment--something we would not have done if we'd only gone for a day!

Someday he'll be a dentist...

But for now it's school. Thankfully not the one upstairs!

We left early and ate a leisurely dinner at Mimi's Cafe, a place we sorely miss in Boston. Then it was off to Uncle Don and Aunt Cindy's for a great second visit, catching up with some of the cousins we'd missed the night before.

I enjoyed the trip but by the end I had the feeling that we should have done something more productive than running around an amusement park for three days. I'm not sure what is wrong with me--I don't know if I'm a glass half empty person, or too uptight, but I kept feeling like we should have been doing a temple session or reading books or doing something else! I think next time we'll vary up the agenda a little. Maybe I need to lighten up. In any case we were ready to get back to David and Will.

3 comments:

Nadia said...

Brad and your outfits are always coordinated so beautifully! Glad that you were able to take the trip even if you felt you should have been doing something more productive than Disneyland - come on Deidre!

Hayley said...

Looks like a great break - there's nothing wrong with just relaxing and doing what you want for a change! Now it's back to reality! =)

Alison said...

something more productive than Disneyland???? IMPOSSIBLE!!! Phil and I went to Disneyland last year to see Sydney sing. We opted to not take any of our other kids, and Sydney was touring with her choir! We spent 14 HOURS at Disneyland and had the best time!!! I pull that memory out of the memory-bank on really chaotic, insane days...