One of the heartbreaking things about living in such a transient ward (the name of our church congregation) is making good friends that will inevitably move away. It sounds like a Hallmark card but you know...the people that touch your life for a moment yet you will remember them for a lifetime.
Jan and Stacy at Jan's farewell party
Us and the Kings
I couldn't decide which photo was better...or worse...
The Kings moved here in June and greeted us as we got back from two months away. I think the first time we met them they invited us over for dinner even when they were new in town! Probably the second thing they did was help us pick up our BBQ, I'm sure the third and fourth and fifth thing they did for us involved watching our kids and/or making dinner.
The list goes on, it was honestly hard to keep track of all the kind and wonderful little acts of service both Jan and Ben did for our family.
How cool to totally invest yourself. I'm not sure I'd do that if I knew I'd only live somewhere for eight months.
Jan and Ben--we'll miss you, your boys, and your company, and your many talents!
No comments:
Post a Comment