These were taken in the evening after most of the day's adventures were over. I remember a friend telling me she knew someone who made sure to take a photo on each anniversary (we missed the first several) and it would be really fun to look back at all of them someday...
Five years had a way of going right on by...
Happy Anniversary to us!
By some stroke of luck Brad had today completely off of school. We hired a babysitter and headed out to use a Groupon (group buying website=huge discounts) for sailing. Before we could get going to we had to stop at the school for Brad's orthodontist appointment. Leave it to your sweet husband to make this part of the plan...
We had lunch at a swanky little place called flour near the school and then set out for our main adventure.
It seemed like we'd be given a choice between a lesson or a "romantic" sail while we sat and looked at the views. Because of the wind and the possible awkwardness of us just sitting there it definitely turned into a lesson.
Boston Harbor on a blustery day. Just look at that choppy water!
This guy was braving the winds all by himself. I had to take a picture; it seemed quintessential New England to me. He had his shirt off and sometimes he had to lean way over the edge of the boat to get the ropes and sails to pull right. Everything about him spoke cool. I couldn't imagine how he could do that all alone. I felt like it was hard work for the three of us (with an experienced instructor) to manage the sail boat in the high winds.
At the end of our sailing adventure. It was work but nice to try something new with Brad.
And since I already mentioned it Brad's smile is brought to you by Invisalign. Here I am sporting my first hat that isn't a ball cap!
We came home to happy kids and hung out with them for awhile. Wanting to take full advantage of the babysitting opportunities (why do I feel guilty leaving the kids for fun but not for a Dr's appointment similar?!) we let Danielle put Dave and Will to bed and headed to dinner. We had another Groupon for The Elephant Walk in Waltham where we live. It was tasty but probably a bad idea to go for another outing. We both felt so tired we wanted to fall asleep in our plates.
2 comments:
That looks like it was so much fun!
Happy Anniversary, that sounds like a fun day!
Post a Comment