My last experience with Harvard was the Natural History Museum. Not being a huge fan of creepy things in jars preserved in liquid I wasn't that impressed. It could be great for say, a family of big boys, just for me...not so much. We finally got around to taking the very acclaimed unofficial tour.
After a stop at the Curious George store we got our stickers and were ready and excited to go!
Thanks to the Melanie Curtis babysitting service, we owe you like five.
The tour guides were loud, fun and energetic!
This was Matt Damon's room? They also mentioned Bill Gates and JFK as just a few of the famous who had been to Harvard. Interestingly Bill Gates dropped out!
Very cool old building on campus.
It was really fun to do something with all the grow ups!
One of Danielle's funny faces.
The library. Very, very wonderful. I found myself pondering on the fact that when I was there BYU's library was ranked #3 in the country, just below Harvard's. Compared to the vast majority of undergraduates, I really had a lot in the way of access to information.
Statue of John Harvard
Our choice for lunch...we've heard lots about it.
Danielle and Brad combed the menu while we waited.
You can't see it but their burgers are named after people like Teddy Kennedy, Tom Brady and other Boston famous and famous famous people.
I got into trouble with Danielle for talking too much to the people sitting next to us. Because the place is so small you end up getting put insanely close. We'd been talking to the same family in line so it only seemed natural to continue the conversation...
All in all I was very happy with the tour. Enough actual information to keep me happy but still plenty of jokes and stories along the way. My only complaint was a handful of stupid college or slightly off color jokes, but still totally worth it. I liked that you donate at the end so if you do really hate it or love it you can compensate accordingly.
1 comment:
You guys do so much. Almost makes me want to move to the more historic East coast...almost.
Post a Comment