Friday, September 17, 2010

The Butterfly Place

I'm sharing the four following pictures not because I think you want to see every photo out-take but because the friend who so kindly took these photos and sent them (of course I temporarily misplaced our camera--we'll blame things being jumbled from the move) said she thought it was fun to see the ones that didn't turn out. I think she was right, especially since someone or the other is never looking!

Here we are pausing to pose as we watched several butterflies eat bananas:
If I had to pick one I'd say #1 or #3...




The room was a warm tropical habitat and one or two particularly beautiful butterflies landed on a Grandma from our group. It was interesting to observe so many in such a small space.

The boys enjoyed the butterflies almost as much as they enjoyed running around the paths of the indoor habitat and playing peek-a-boo with the outdoor tent that covered the picnic tables where we ate lunch. Sigh.

I'm always tempted to be discouraged after little outings with my boys but after we got home David kept asking if we were going to see butterflies. He is getting to the point where he remembers a lot!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I love #1.

Cheryl said...

Those are cute pictures. I love that place. I am so sad I had to miss that field trip. Did you know you can get married in there??

Heather said...

1. Your boys are adorable.
2. Outings are just as much for your sanity as they are for your boys. And who cares if they have more fun running around than looking at butterflies, at least they had fun.