I've never been to a holiday tree lighting before. I searched some out here and found that there were four or five taking place in Boston, not to mention one for almost every town nearby. I dreamed that we'd make it out to see all of the trees being lit and we started out on our first adventure.
I think the ride on the express bus would have been more than enough to satisfy both David and William. We met Brad and had some Panda Express for dinner at the Prudential Center. Then it was off to a restaurant on Newbury Street (how have I never been to Newbury street before?! Quite posh and fun with neat shops all around...)
Waiting...
More waiting...
Excitedly watching a cat on someone's front porch.
And finally the tree was lit. Yes, this was the tree. I had envisioned something more like the huge tree they light at Rockefeller center in New York City. I was surprised to find that most people were there for the after part at the bar/restaurant. We were the only family with kids around. We ended up getting interviewed by a few people from student and local nieghborhood newspapers. One question that made us both chuckle had something to do with what we thought about lights and wasting energy...hmm...yeah, last time I checked I'm still ok with "wasting" energy for Christmas lights...
It didn't stop us from having fun though!
Just look at that tree! I think we have a bigger one in our living room...
We had another fun ride home on the express bus and I finally feel like I could be comfortable taking that into town instead of the train.
2 comments:
hahaha! That's so funny. I remember you saying on facebook that the tree lighting wasn't quite what you expected, but I had still pictured something a bit...bigger.
You do so many fun things! It cracks me up that the tree was so small, but I'll bet you'll remember it better than if it had been big and beautiful. :-)
Post a Comment