Friday, September 23, 2011

The Berkshires

The first time I head the term "the berkshires" I remember thinking "What the heck are the berkshires?!" Turns out the Berkshires are a small mountain range or highland geologic region in western Massachusetts. The area is famous for many reasons and has been dubbed "the inland Newport." History lessons aside it was a great place for a short family weekend away.

We stayed in a town called Great Barrington.
I loved this town hall all decorated for the 4th of July.

David and Will walk along the cute rows of shops.

We decided to eat dinner at a Thai place on main street. It was just a short walk from our hotel. We were wary of taking our kids into restaurant that seemed nice. Amazingly it was one of the most pleasant moments I've had dining with kids since I've become a mother. The restaurant was a quiet and peaceful. David and William behaved like little gentleman

Will really loved those chopsticks! The restaurant manager found a rubber band to keep the sticks together so they were easier for him to hold.

Even picky eater David found something he liked!

It was such a pleasant and tasty meal.
I had to record it with a photograph of the entire family!
Thanks boys for making this night part of a really nice get away.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The boys are growing up so fast! Absolutely darling family, dear!

xoxo