I'm always up for any excuse to have a good party. I was shopping the Christmas clearance racks at Target this past January (apparently a habit for me) and bought a Twilight SceneIt game on a whim. It was only $7.00 and I figured it could be fun for a girls night. My party planning partner in crime Jenna and I hatched a plan for a night centered around this game.
We decided that Melanie would like a Twilight birthday party. None of us are overly huge Twihards but we did have fun reading the books and seeing (making fun of) the movies so the theme fit.
Red drinks!
We also had apple slices and red and black chocolate covered pretzels.
Cupcakes with Jacob and Edward toppers.
We had a little garland of plastic forks all strung up to represent the town forks. We also had some umbrellas wedged in the corners of the room since it was rainy place.
Some of the other decor...
It was really fun to put this together! We planned and giggled about lots of the silly things we did and had waaaay more ideas than we had time or money. Did you know that it is nearly impossible to find pretend fangs in the summer? Remember that next time you want to throw a twilight party.
This is one of my personal favorites...we were glad that Melanie obliged us with a photo of herself when she didn't know what we were up to.
Happy Birthday Melanie! You are a great woman and friend.
Jenna gets her werewolf thing on!
All of the ladies...
Thanks Christy for photographing the party. It wouldn't have been possible with out Jenna's bottomless craft supply and talent. It helped that both Jenna and I love to decorate with red. Even the birthday girl helped put things together! I'm smiling just remembering how fun this night was.
2 comments:
It was such a fun night--you guys did awesome. :)
The werewolf picture is a wee bit creepy as in who is that psycho girl! It was so fun to do together!
Post a Comment