Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Family of SEVEN?!

No, we aren't having triplets (and no we aren't expecting at all) but we did babysit three extra kiddos during the week of Thanksgiving. It was an interesting learning experience.

Things were both easier and harder than I thought they would be. I found out that older kids are more helpful and independent. Who knew! My boys enjoyed playing with the two bigger ones.

The hardest part was probably just not being my house and being able to do "my house stuff" and not being sure where to put stuff away that was taken out! The youngest little girl (2oish months) was a sweet China doll that was an angel the entire time.


Case in point above. I don't think these were supposed to be taken out by the 4 year old we were watching, nor were they supposed to be put on by David.

The 4 year old girl M had a beautiful mane of hair. Thick, long, and amazing for 4. But I was incompetent when it came to doing anything with it. I'm glad she could walk me through the steps of washing at least! I can't imagine what my Mom went through to keep our hair under control. Thanks Mom.

Another bonus was getting to drive the pretty new mini van. Loved it! We were all pretty tired when it was time to go home on Wednesday night. For the first year in forever I was glad we weren't hosting Thanksgiving dinner.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

You are a brave soul! :) Glad you survived the time with extra kids. When we recently babysat my friend's kids for 10 days, it was pretty crazy! I had the same experience with the girl thing though. I have no idea how to do their hair! Maybe that is why you and I are only blessed with boys.