Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools!


Cupcakes? Nope meatloaf with dyed mashed potatoes on top! Can you imagine biting into what you thought was a cupcake and getting meatloaf?! How gross. We laughed and laughed about it. They turned out great but I didn't take a photo so this is the one from the website. Visit the link below for the recipe and other April Fools recipies. It was so much fun. And Noelene makes some great meatloaf.

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50154


Mini hamburgers.....or a peppermint patty between two vanilla wafers with dyed frosting (red and yellow for ketchup and mustard) and green coconut for lettuce. There were even sesame seeds on top stuck on with Karo syrup. They looked so cute all lined up and I forgot to take a picture. I had to stop Dustin (my bil) from eating this so I could get a nice photo of the last one.

Sushi and grilled cheese....or rice krispie treats and toasted pound cake!

Noelene (my mil) was in charge of food for a relief society activity that happened to be on April 1st. I found some funny April fools recipes on the internet. We laughed and laughed as we found more funny food pranks to play. Apparently the food was a big hit the sisters really enjoyed all the jokes...in fact this was all that was left! They gobbled up the treats that looked like dinner food and the dinner food that looked like treats.

1 comment:

Nivette said...

Hey Deidre. Yeah, she's going to be one May 28. Crazy huh? How are you guys doing?