We decided to be tourists today and it was a nice change. We Finagled Bagel sandwiches (the local bagel place) and had a picnic in Boston Common. We took the Freedom Trail tour after that. It was pretty interesting; the tour guides are almost historical actors. We learned a lot about the Boston Common area and the city itself. We saw where Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, and John Hancock were buried as well as the site where the Boston Massacre began. They also took us past the old state house building where the Declaration of Independence was first read in public. The tour only covers a small part of the freedom trail so we have lots exploring to do!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Freedom Trail
We decided to be tourists today and it was a nice change. We Finagled Bagel sandwiches (the local bagel place) and had a picnic in Boston Common. We took the Freedom Trail tour after that. It was pretty interesting; the tour guides are almost historical actors. We learned a lot about the Boston Common area and the city itself. We saw where Paul Revere, Samuel Adams, and John Hancock were buried as well as the site where the Boston Massacre began. They also took us past the old state house building where the Declaration of Independence was first read in public. The tour only covers a small part of the freedom trail so we have lots exploring to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That sounds like fun! I swear the only way you know your way around a new place is to be a tourist! We did a lot of that in the beginnning in NY and after a while we knew more than the native NY'ers! I am glad that you had fun and I hope you are feeling settled in!
OMG! You totally scared me! Before I read your second comment I was freaking out a little bit!!! My ex-boyfriend name is Brad and I was like WHAT?????? that was pretty funny!!! you crack me up!
I love the freedom trail! Boston is one of my favorite places in the world. Don't forget to go to Bunker Hill and the USS Constitution.
Sounds like your having fun and things are coming together! Have you found a place yet? Keep me posted on things xx
Looks like you guys are enjoying Boston! Is your husband excited to start school?
That looks like so much fun. I love living near Philadelphia and VAlley Forge and so many historic places.
Post a Comment