Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Yard" Work


Sometimes we are sad that we aren't homeowners yet but we decided we could still do something with the little strips of dirt on our front porch. We spent a much needed Saturday at home! The dirt was overgrown with weeds and looking really awful, we figured we could at least cover the area with mulch until we decided what to plant. I was surprised at how easily the weeds came out of the dirt--one benefit to not living in Arizona. Brad actually kept David outside in the stroller while he worked and allowed me to get a few things done too.


Imagine VERY TALL weeds here before. They were so ugly I didn't take a picture.


I think it looks a lot better with some mulch. Now we'll decide what (if anything) to plant. Brad really enjoyed having a project and an excuse not to study. :)

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I love the posts with David getting into trouble!!
very adorable.
You will be amazed at all of the beautiful things that you can grow there! Definitely enjoy it while you are there... there will be so many things that you would NEVER see in AZ. Oh... and weird bugs, too.

Cindy said...

I love that you are 'blooming' where you are planted! Can't wait to see what you decide. Maybe some bulbs to come up in the spring???