Sunday, January 18, 2009

Ebelskevers a Cammack Tradition

Before church we reheated some leftover ebelskevers. They are danish pancake balls that you dip in butter and powdered sugar; it is a breakfast that Brad's family likes that has really grown on me too. While Brad was shoveling I took the chance to update our blog. I heard David getting into something and told myself "oh it is just the newspaper...." first clue: we don't take the Sunday paper!

I guess we need to give him more credit--he can now climb up on chairs and he knows to "dip" them in sugar...

Never mind if you have to pull the sugar off the table and use the floor as your plate.
We are going to have to be a bit more careful about what we leave out!

He came out to me looking like this. Don't you think I should get the mother of the year award?!
(Note the powdered sugar footprints.)
Too bad it was so funny that I had a hard time scolding him for it; I really felt like this one was due to my negligence anyway. Can't punish a one year old for being smart enough to take the opportunity right?

4 comments:

Tori said...

Oh Yummy, my roommate used to make those for us. They made them with applesauce in the middle; I don't know if you do too.
That's a great picture. He looks like he might be realizing he was a little naughty, but is going to enjoy it anyway! :]

Janelle said...

i want the recipe for those!! at least he wasn't in his dark church suit yet.... how do you have time for breakfast before church?

Cindy said...

Yes, please post the recipe! Ahh--he looks so dang cute. He just knew he liked them and figured out how to get some w/p having to bother you! How thoughtful!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Ebelskevers...that sounds so tempting to make! Guess you would have to have an ebelskevers pan to make them...darn.
Tears are streaming down my face watching David and his active little mind and body...remember I had three of those busy, busy boys and it just brings back a flood of memories. Priceless reading photo. Love you & miss you