When Brad said that church had been canceled the Sunday before Christmas because of snow I laughed. The weather couldn't be THAT bad right? Sitting in the Arizona sunshine I just couldn't imagine it, but I've learned that it isn't funny. Church was canceled last week too. And we found out why today.
We woke up early and got everything ready to go; Brad does the programs so we have to get there around twenty minutes before the meeting starts. I was annoyed that I had to walk through the falling snow to get in the car. (The car that was warm and scraped down and the path that had just been recently shoveled by my fabulous husband.) Three plows were doing their work and passed us on our way to the freeway. We were slipping and sliding all over the newly cleared road in our well maintained car that has good all weather tires. We called our home teacher and told him the programs wouldn't be there today. He said his family wasn't going either--he had the car at church for early meetings and it was just too nasty to drive back. Scary. We were both disappointed because we were looking forward to taking the sacrament and attending our ward.
(See David there in the corner? He loved watching and wasn't too happy when Dad left to shovel out some neighbors.)
To cheer ourselves up we took a few pictures after we came back home. Brad found a sport jacket for David that he couldn't resist buying yesterday. He was so excited to wear 'matching' clothes to church. I think they looked pretty good! I guess there are worse things than having a husband who likes to buy your son nice clothing. :)
After Brad finishes his friendly neighborhood shoveling we'll try to enjoy a quiet Sunday at home worshiping in our own little ways. Today we learned to be thankful for the blessing of being able to attend Church! We don't always want to go and fight David and fulfill our callings but after two weeks we can't help but feel that something is missing.
5 comments:
Love the matching! Too cute!
Deidre, I love this story! I never realized that it could snow so hard church would be canceled. I hope you're staying warm!!!
I think it has as much to do with how far away the building is. In Utah we would have made it no problem but here it would have been way too dangerous.
Crazy! David looks so grown up with his haircut and in his sport coat!
We missed being able to see you at Cowboy Grub, but it was our last opportunity to get Shaun all settled and it took longer than we had alloted. He is doing well so far, and we are optimistic for a successful experience this semester.
Love You--
Oh my...lots of snow and such handsome men in your life! Keep warm and we're thinking of you all.
Post a Comment