Since Brad had the day off school (Wednesday, March 18th) and Grandma Noele was here to see the new baby we thought we'd show her around a bit. Brad was surprised at how hard it was to get out the door. I guess that it what happens when you add another one to the family. We took a drive down to Boston (I was not about to ride the subway with a brand new baby) to see what we could see. We ended up driving around the Beacon Hill area. That was interesting. It is one of the most expensive places to live in America. It was fun to see some of the old brownstone homes too. You can see a lot more in the winter when the trees are bare.
We parked in a garage and took in Boston Common or "The Common" as locals call it. It is something like Central Park in New York City but a lot smaller and a lot older. William slept almost the entire outing. As always David loved being outside. I think the weather was a little cold for Grandma but apparently Brad and I have acclimated and loved seeing the sun.
We walked through the public garden--it will look a lot better during the spring and summer. I am sure glad that someone thought to set aside greenspace in the city all those years ago. Today made us feel that winter won't last forver and got us thinking about all the places in New England we still want to visit.
1 comment:
How fun! You look great!
Post a Comment