Today it was time for Northeastern University's "Big Dog 5K." A friend from Church is a Northeastern Alumni and encouraged me to participate. I felt that I should since I'm nowhere close to achieving the previous goal I had set for myself. (If you don't remember I'm not going to embarrass myself and tell you but I did post it.)
Ben, Becky, Daija, Jan, and I
Notice the Charles River and look closely for the Longfellow Bridge
I love this picture!
A more formal photo including Dajia's mom who ran with her and the stroller that Ben pushed his two kids in...I guess you could say they ran the race too!
A sweaty Mom with her baby
I'll be honest and admit I didn't run the whole way. I know for sure some elderly people and a gentleman in a wheelchair passed me pretty early on. It was a struggle! I was surprised how far three miles can feel when you have not been active for awhile. I did enjoy the views of the beautiful Esplanade Park along the river. It felt good to finish and know that I did something physical.
Another shot of the whole group
Our little family
I rode the T down to the race and Brad brought the boys later. He got lost in the colonial mess that is near the MGH stop. I guess he parked in a lot that wasn't stroller accessible (lots and lots of dangerous and scary stairs) so he hustled a pretty long way carrying both boys to see me finish. I think that is noteworthy. If I had both boys without the stroller for a long stretch I would have probably sat down and cried half way through.
Brad actually brought David right along the trail and tried to run beside me as I finished. I got all teary eyed and it messed up my breathing so I told him to get lost. Afterward David enjoyed watching a dog jump in the river after a ball. He pointed out some "arrplans" up above that were actually a huge flock of geese. From that far away they do look kind of like airplanes. It was a good morning.
6 comments:
Oh Congratulations to you!!!! Way to go... you should be proud!
I love that about Brad running with you. Your 5k definitely had much prettier scenery than ours!
How fun! I've never done a 5k, and I'm very impressed by people that do!
Well done Deidre. Good for you! I wish that I could enjoy running, but I just can't so I really appreciate your accomplishment.
The last post was me by the way. Spenser would never say that he doesn't love to run. He has become a little obsessed as of late and is looking at where he can run a half marathon soon!
That's great that you ran this! How fun! I'm jealous!
Post a Comment