We took advantage of perfect weather and having Brad around by visiting the McCormick-Stillman Railroad park this Saturday. It seemed like summer. We saw all the birthday parties there and I was sad I didn't book a park for Will's special day. I know from my Parks and Rec desk job that winter is the busiest time for renting park ramadas.
Getting ready to ride the train
Ending one of many trips down the slide--he had to stop and point at the train with a "choo-choo" each time it went by.
Climbing
Merry-go-round
Will is more cautious than David--about carousel rides and everything. They will make an interesting pair.
Riding the pint size train
Who knew the LDS Church brough the first telegraph to Arizona?
Getting ready to leave!
It was such a lovely outing. We laughed at all the people in jackets knowing that used to be us shivering and whining in 70 degree temperatures. I really liked this place because it was inexpensive and suited David's age but also would be good to go back to as the kids get older. It was one of those truly blissful mornings that I hope I will look back to on not-so-perfect days...
7 comments:
I love this picture lol
Can you feel the envy? I'm so glad you're having a good time! (but we miss you!)
It's amazing how living in a cold place makes 35 and 40 degree temperatures feel hot! We miss you!
That looks like a lot of fun. Boys and trains go hand in hand.
I'm pretty sure I remember going to this park when I was little...good choice :)
70 degrees, oh sounds heavenly! Under our inversion and gray January, any ounce of sunlight would be heavenly!
Funny I see a St.George marathon bag hanging from the person in front of Brad on the first picture.
Congratulations Brad, getting every so much closer!
Looks like you're having fun being back in Phoenix! How long are you there for? xx
Post a Comment