Sunday, February 14, 2010

While Mom's Away...


The boys will play.

David decided he likes the sticks in our room.  Yeah, they were fun to clean up.

Uncle Spenser and his fellow dentist Venn came to town the night before Deidre left for Utah.  It was fun having three dentists in the house.


The three dentists

On Thursday night we went to Market Bistro, a nice little restaurant across the street from my APEX (dental internship) office.  Since I walk that way every day I decided to walk with the boys.  Of course Amy's kids thought that sounded fun so we decided to take the short cut through the mountain.  Going that way with Amy's kids reminded me of my trips as a kid to get candy and baseball cards from Osco, ice cream from Baskin Robbins, or a hair cut at the Barber's, especially since none of those stores are there anymore.


Hiking the mountain.  David seems really happy.

On Friday the boys and I went to Spenser's friend Matt's house.  Matt has three little girls who thought David and William were adorable, but we all know who David like best...


The Dog!!!!!!!

Matt also has a racing game for his X-box, complete with racing wheel.  David had to "drive" the cars first and "helped" when Daddy tried to play.

I'll be honest, by Saturday the boys started to get on my nerves a little bit.  After I locked myself out of the house I called in the back-up and met my friend Dan at Chino Bandido's, the best Chinese-Mexican place ever (and possibly the only Chinese-Mexican place ever).  The boys made a big enough mess and enough noise to drive the people sitting next to us to a different table.  Oh well.


Dan and the boys

Sunday was Valentine's Day.  We got Valentine's ready for them, even though Mommy was away.  They both seemed to like them pretty well.




Peeps, ducks from Disneyland, and a number puzzle.


Yay!

By Sunday all three of us boys were starting to miss Mommy.  David kept looking for her in the house, expecting her to come out of her room at some point. Daddy went in to work Monday while Grandpa watched the boys and got ready to get Deidre.  Luckily Dr. Patel got sick and cancelled her patients that day (maybe lucky's the wrong word).  I was able to surprise Deidre at the airport.  The boys were super excited to see her and Papa Jack.  

It was a good weekend but I think we all missed Mommy.

4 comments:

Deidre said...

Really cute post. I'm embarrassed about all the other mess along with the sticks. And dear you aren't a dentist...still a student...

Jan said...

Love it...glad to see Brad posting! Looks like you did a great job too! Can't wait to have you guys back!

Cindy said...

Is Dr. Patel's first name Neetu? If so, Meredith used to be their nanny when she and Josh lived here.

Nadia said...

I'm glad that you're not afraid to admit your kids get on your nerves sometimes! I had had enough of mine too by the time Spenser came home. We had been stuck inside with rain all weekend long.