I didn't want to face the reality of our barley livable home on Labor Day. Brad had to study for an exam. I was glad to get out of the way and take the boys on an outing. Our first stop was at the mall for 18 month pictures. William would have nothing to do with it. I think the only reason we got a few is because when we came back we were able to play in the studio for a few minutes while the photographer was finishing with another customer. I'm glad it worked out because I never considered the possibility we just wouldn't get any photos! David was hard and wiggly at the same age but never upset about having his picture taken.
Then it was onto the main event...apple picking at Parlee Farms.
We started with some donuts. Yum.
Then it was feeding the goats. This is always a favorite!
After that we headed out to the orchard in a tractor. Although, upon reflection, the kids might have been happy with the donuts and animals and tractor watching! Dave and Will had a good time and only half of the apples they picked were from the ground instead of a tree. I was so happy that no one ran away or threw a fit. It was a nice time on a truly beautiful day.
Eating some of the bounty!
David always seems to be eating something...
And William loves his apples.
Will turned 18 months yesterday!
We've been baffled by his screaming and pleasantly surprised by the slight red tint to his hair. William is a cuddly soul that also has a fierce love for his Dad. He calls his Mom Daddy most of the time. Will is a mover and often almost climbs out of his crib (even dangles over the other side) but he's a little more cautious than his brother and won't make the final jump. Thank goodness, we're hoping we have a few more moths of crib sleeping left! Will often makes loud demands when he wants something and protests when David wrong him. He is going through some separation anxiety and has formed an interesting attachment to his soft blue blankie that he calls his "baby." We love the muddled but cute and often very precise phrases and words that he says. "I got it, go find it, I don't know, help please, thank you, and CUUUP!," among many, many others. William, we'll keep you, especially if you keep giving such sweet kisses.
1 comment:
We had to go back twice to get Rex's 18 month pictures and even then we only got decent ones--good thing I only paid $20 for that nonsense.
Post a Comment