Thursday, September 2, 2010

What to do with ALL that STUFF?

We got the rest of summer fun out of our system and began the packing process. It helped that we'd been renting the new apartment for three weeks before move out day, and that we didn't have to be out of our old place until two weeks later than that. Our friend who happened to be out of town at this exact juncture gave us the keys to her Escape. We were able to take TONS of stuff over beforehand. Basically everything that was storage (aka stuff cramed into our closets because there was no storage!!) got moved into the garage.

We took a full load over about every other night. Fragile items, things hanging on the walls, seasonal things we don't use all the time. It was all gone. I was even able to take clothing over on hangers to put in closets days before.

Brad and I spent the night before moving day wrapping up large furniture with pads and blankets. I normally pack every last thing, and I'm honestly kind of particular about it but this time we didn't have to do that. I guess it's the blessing and curse of an in town move. William's crib was all packed up so he was in the playpen on our last night in Windsor VIllage. His dinner didn't agree with him and he threw up in the middle of the night (try getting that out of the mesh!!) so I wouldn't say we went to bed very early....

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Oh, throw up is the worst. Here is some great advice that was passed on to me and so I will pass it on to you:

Teach your children to sit up and 'be sick' by holding up the bottom of their shirts, pj's, etc. And/or to throw up on a throw rug or blanket or their bed covers. You can get it out of those things, but furniture and carpet are never the same.

Sounds like your move went smoothly. What a blessing you could do it the way you did. Post pictures when you get settled.