When Jenna told me that she was having a baby I remember feeling this incredible urge of excitement for her and also for me because I knew I'd get to help in making sure Jenna and her new little boy were properly celebrated.
The lovely diaper cake. This took no less than six hands and three brain's and Melanie's endless supply of ribbons, pins, and embellishments to create.
The darling table all set up and ready to go. Janelle worked wonders with her pretty bow, it hid the unsightly end and beginning to the second set of paper lanterns.
The clothesline decorations. Love this personal touch!
I just had to indulge as Melanie took several photos of William and David's baby clothing:
The lovely guest of honor.
Jenna poses with Lacey who made this impressive quilt.
A group photo.
The diaper cake creators Sarah, Melanie, and myself.
A shot of me, Melanie, and Jenna.
After the shower I commented to Brad about how many sweet and special handmade gifts Jenna had received. I was intent on envying the mad skills of these gift makers. Brad noted that Jenna had received these gifts of love, time, and labor not only because the givers were talented but because they wanted to give something unique to such a remarkable friend.
Jenna, you are remarkable.
I'm thrilled for you, Chris, and that little boy that will be here any day.
2 comments:
I am so sad I have to miss occasions like this because I am no longer there!! Boo! :( So happy for Jenna and Chris though and you guys did an awesome job!!
We are sad that you weren't here so we could give you a proper shower for Ezra!
Post a Comment