Monday, November 1, 2010

Military Dental Conference

I wasn't too sure how Brad's conference would go. He ended up being the only student there yet it proved to be QUITE the networking opportunity. Among many other notable and important people Brad was able to have lunch with an Admiral in the Navy; specifically, THE chief of Dental Corps. Whoa. He was thrilled. He noted that all the people he met were kind and very down to earth. That was good for me to hear. Everything I know about the military comes from the movies and I would have been terrified to be near such a high ranking official.

Here is a photo of Brad with an ER Doctor. He's also a captain in the Navy.

I'm really impressed with all the work Brad has done to start the Uniformed Services Club at his school. He is helping the students to feel more "networked" and educated about post-doc opportunities within the military.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You Go, Brad!

(Nats and Rob can't wait for the day you return to AZ to live. Brad can be their dentist and your families can grow up together!)