If you know me at all you've probably already heard that I really REALLY like St. Patrick's Day. I was very upset the year Easter landed at the end of March (not that I don't love the true Easter) and I could barley celebrate March 17th because apparently it isn't a holiday to most.
St. Patrick's Day this year was about as far away from Easter as it could possibly get!
The little leprechauns visited our house again. This time they brought some actual chocolate candy coins to go along with the fakey ones. David and William aren't known to sleep in but by some stroke of Irish luck they didn't arise until the leprechauns had finished their work.
David excitedly emerges from his room.
William got right down to business and started eating the coins up before he even followed the little trial.
I didn't make a green breakfast so we had green plates and bowls instead.
If you really follow this blog well you'll notice that we celebrate every holiday by wearing our Christmas pajamas.
The boys and I "leperchauned" a few neighbors. They had a lot of fun lying the little coins out but we got caught at 3 out of 4 of the houses.
The weather turned out to be beautiful and spring like. We spent a long morning at the playground with friends. I can't remember the last time the weather permitted us to get out like that. It was treat.
And finally, we had some good friends over for corned beef and potatoes. I forget if cabbage was involved but it was tasty and fun.
Can you spot the non-green wearing person?
3 comments:
Hey! I had a green undershirt on! You just can't tell in the picture.
How fun and clever! I never knew you liked St. Patty's so much but I guess we moved before it came around last year. The luck of the Irish must have indeed been there if you guys had some nice play-in-the-park weather!
I love that your kids are still wearing their Christmas pjs. Rex is too. They're his favorite--his nowme (snowmen) jammies.
Post a Comment