Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Make Way For Swans

May 3 was a beautiful day for an outing in Boston. We took the train with our friends the Robertson's and met about 50 of our friends from church for the annual celebration of "Returning the Swans to the Public Gardens." We were all a little "high" on Spring. We'd suffered a long winter and this day was perfect--not too hot, not too cold, all of the trees in bloom. It was absolutely lovely.

I might have copied the above paragraph almost verbatim from my friend Megan's post about this same outing but it was REALLY good!

David is ready for a story!

You can't complete a trip to the Public Garden without a photo of those famous ducks!

William is wearing one of his expressions...

I have to say this rendering of the book wasn't as grand as I had hoped. Maybe they can hire Danielle to read it next year? She'd nail it.

Cute friend with a cute baby.

The swans are about to be released into the public garden pond...their home for the summer.

We are all watching on the grass...I look thrilled. This might have been after William tumbled down the hill and almost fell into the pond.

We were further away from the action after the little parade but the real treat was the weather...SPRING...FINALLY! In the words of Jamie Cook another friend the it was just an "iconic Boston experience" She was interviewed by WBUR and made it onto the NPR broadcast in the evening!

More of little boys playing. Interestingly it was when William was up the hill and not playing with the water that he almost took a plunge!

A swan boat ride. Ahhhh...SPRING!
We only had to wait until May.

I was very pleased that so many enjoyed the outing because I organized it. I only really sent out a bunch of e-mails but we had a GIANT group of friends there to celebrate the swans and a new season.

1 comment:

Jessica Gonzalez said...

Sheep shearing festivals, releasing swans - you get to do the COOLEST stuff with your boys! What great memories!