Saturday, July 26, 2008

Freedom Trail Part II

Brad was very excited to see the USS Constitution; it is the Navy's oldest ship that still works. David didn't really enjoy the loud cheers the group was asked to shout during the tour. He got a little cranky. We decided the Devin really couldn't have fit well on one of those old ships. Brad is hopeful that he can have his comissioning ceremony on the ship when he finishes dental school.


Megan and the Old North Church. Think Paul Reevere; one if by land two if by sea.

We figured out why the guided walking tour only covers the first part of the Freedom Trial--the second half is lots longer and has less to see! We still enjoyed exploring Boston on foot but it was a lot of walking and we were toasted by the end. We gave Brad's family the abbreviated tour when we got back to the part of the trail that we'd already seen.

This is the part of the day that I didn't quite understand. The men thought it was more than worth an exorbant price to see the Yankess/Red Sox game. Noelene, Megan, David, and I headed back to our car at the trian station. Unfortunatley when we got all the way back I realized Brad still had the keys. He was already in the game when he got my call and they would not let him out. I left Noelene, David, and Megan at the train station and rode the subway to Fenway park. To say that I was more irritated by the whole situation would be a gross understatement...apparently I'm the only one who was bothered. Besides Megan being a little bored by the end of the 90+ minute wait everyone was happy when I got back. Brad still claims the game was worth it even though the Sox lost. I am just thankful for cell phones and a very patient mother-in-law. Brad admitted that he probably would not have noticed he had the keys without the call.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Yay! Some new posts! I check on you everyday to see how things are going and how you are getting settled. Great pictures! Give Brad our love and David hugs and kisses from his California cousins!

Justina Selim said...

Looks like some fun sightseeing. Taylor would have loved to go to that game. Guys are weird!

Hayley said...

I'm glad things have worked out well. I'm looking forward to seeing photos of your apartment and the area. Keep us posted! xx

Cindy said...

Love the new look!

Nikki said...

Oh my gosh, someday I will have to tell you about my class trip to Boston in the fifth grade. Let me tell you... when you are (what about ten? years old?) a red line painted on the sidewalk is a HUGE disappointment! I did it again as an adult... but super fast. I would love to take a leisurely stroll next time! Too jealous!