Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Leaky Apartment
My cell phone rang tonight; it was my sweet friend and neighbor Janelle calling. I knew it was pretty late in New England and the call was probably about something not good. Yep, I was right. Our apartment was leaking. Apparently there was so much snow in Boston that any poorly sealed places were letting water in from the roof. I guess there was too much snow on the housetops! (I'm thinking to myself is this a problem every winter? I don't get it...Doesn't it snow in Boston a lot? Why is this such a problem?) Thankfully Janelle's husband Ryan who also happens to be our home teacher found the problem and stayed there until it was fixed. As far as we know our things aren't damaged and the leaking has stopped. We really feel blessed because it could have been much worse; now I'm just a little paranoid that the carpet and ceiling might be compromised and of course that there could be MOLD when we return. Thanks to the Holt's for their love and service to us while we've been away.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my, sounds like you both have had some excitement to your holiday travels. Hope all goes well with your apartment and return flights. See you on Sunday!
Post a Comment