Monday, February 1, 2010

Have you ever...

locked yourself in the backyard with a sleeping David in the house and only as you are on top of the fence jumping over and leaving Will unattended do you think *should I have looked through the window to see if the front door was locked too?* Crap.

Twist the front handle. Double crap. Call Brad's office. Embarrassing. Manager brings him and house key home. Thank you, Grandpa's stupid back doors. Praise to the cell phone in my pocket.

Boys were unaffected. Enjoyed having Dad home early.

Please tell me I'm not the only one. Sometimes I wonder.

6 comments:

Janelle said...

So, so funny. I'm sure I've done something this bad, but nothing specific comes to mind immediately, and I don't want to dig deeper to remember if I worked so hard to make myself forget! Glad you had your phone!

Unknown said...

Well I have had to come let Mom in once or twice. So trust me, you aren't the only one!!!!

Jenna said...

Haha. That's awesome. I've totally had days like that. My mom had to carry her key with her when she checked the mail, because I would always lock her out!

Cheryl said...

JUST LAST WEEK! It was snowing so I took the kids outside to sled while Lauren was inside napping. After I shut the door I just knew I had locked it, without thinking. I tried all the windows--nothing. I called the neighbor and she brought over a mug full of old keys which didn't work. I didn't dare call Jeff, for fear he would never leave me alone with his children again (and he didn't have a car to get home!) and finally got ahold of the landlord who told me the code to the key-holder-lock-thing which had a key to the upstairs, which I then had to jimmy the lock to get to the downstairs. Lauren slept through it all and now I have three hidden keys in my backyard in case mommy brain strikes again!!

You are not alone!

Steven and Chelsea said...

One time, I locked myself out of my house when I was home eating lunch. I had gone out to get the mail and locked the door in the process...the only key I had was for the mailbox. I had water boiling on the stove for my mac & cheese lunch. It was the middle of summer in AZ and like 110 outside...and I don't remember if I had shoes on or not...

Cindy said...

No, you are most definitely NOT the only one! Ahhhh, yes. Just imagine how we 'older' mothers had to handle it w/o cell phones, back in the day....

Hahahaha.