Cammack Family (minus me, David, and Will)
LDS funerals tend to be a celebration of life and a family reunion mixed with the emotions of missing the person who is gone. I love that. It reminds me to live better so I can see those I love in the next life.
Right next to her sweetheart...I've never known a greater example of cherishing your spouse! Grandpa passed away just before Brad and I were engaged and I still know of the sweet relationship these two shared. It didn't stop just because Grandpa was gone.
Everyone got to choose a bear from Grandma's house.
Grandpa Cammack and Olivia
Brad mentioned this dessert more than once...
Happy Birthday to Brad, Katrina, and Nadia
Katrina--May 2nd; Nadia and Brad--May 9th
Brad left here early Friday morning and returned late Monday night or really Tuesday morning. He enjoyed spending time with his siblings and their kids. He was also able to see his cousins and his Dad's parents. Jorden reported that Brad played games with his brothers and studied. Do I believe the last part? Not too sure.
Brad said the service was nice, but I'm glad that my sister-in-law was a little more detailed on that point. It was good for Brad to stay at Grandma's house--see it one last time, realize she was gone from this earth, and have a little closure.
I was really glad for Brad to go, but I just couldn't get over the fact that he wasn't on a plane Saturday night or first thing Sunday morning. He left Utah on MONDAY at 4:30 PM Boston time. Sometimes your time is worth something. Maybe if he wasn't so helpful at home I wouldn't be frustrated with an absence?! He got in around 1am and headed out for school early with two tests to makeup.
I'm not sure if the hardest part for me was not being there or dealing with all the stress that missing school for a trip like this brings. It didn't seem like things really settled down until the end of the week. I know, I'm sounding like a real downer now but at least it is honest.
Grandma Packer: We are glad you're with Grandpa but we sure miss you.
Grandma Noelene: We are sad that you can't talk with your Mom and visit her anytime you want but we are glad you got to see her and say goodbye the very morning she left for heaven.
1 comment:
I remember those days so well. Little ones, hubby gone = tired, frustrated wife/mommy. Then you second guess your decision to stay home, etc. You did the right thing. And you survived it! Now back on to the schedule.
Nice post. And that dessert looks amazing!
Post a Comment