Friday, April 30, 2010

Toddler Mischief or "Baby Proofing"

In the past week David has:

Spread butter all over the kitchen
Colored on the walls with pencil
Climbed up ON TOP of the piano
Climbed on top of the washer/dryer
Climbing incidents included playing with things up high that a toddler should not be touching.
Escaped onto the front patio and commenced digging the flowers in the planter box. Will followed suit. They were in their pajamas. It was kind of raining. The gate was open. I'm glad they didn't get any farther.

UGH.

To accomplish some of these tasks he's thwarted baby gates and other means of keeping him in, down, and out.

If he figures this lock out, I'm sunk!

I keep wondering if I'm a bad Mom, sneaking upstairs for 10 or 20 minutes to fold a load of laundry, shower, clean something up, or hop on the computer. Maybe it is wrong to expect a 1 and 2 year old to keep a lid on trouble for that long?

I love these boys, but man, I'm having a hard time keeping up!!

5 comments:

Nadia said...

I'm so sorry! I just hope that all that climbing doesn't lead to broken arms like it did for us.

Anna said...

HA! I'm sorry. Sometimes I wish for a bigger apartment with my two boys, but then I realize that I'm probably blessed that I can see and hear everything that is going on no matter where I stand, and if I don't hear anything, then I know that there's trouble.

Cindy said...

Oh, D! This is BOYS and it's not going to stop for a long time!!!! I'm chuckling and crying for you all at the same time. I sooooo remember. You are a great mother. And if he doesn't get that latch figured out he will be climbing over the top!

Isn't it good they are so dang cute. It saves their lives!

Heather said...

That is some funny stuff. I'm glad you wrote it down.

Lisa Tucker said...

That is hilarous!!!