The wheelchair racers are the first to whiz by.
For me the most touching moment was when a wheelchair racer that was struggling came by (I didn't get a picture.) She was back with the runners and was literally INCHING up the hill. She had already completed almost 20 miles but the going was really rough. You could see the sweat dripping off her nose and the tense arm and back muscles permanently flexed underneath her clothing. I was moved to tears. For every inch she went she probably had 60 people screaming encouragement at her. It was emotional. I hope she finished.
Arguably the cutest moment: Will and Annelise share a chair.
The silliest moment: supporting our friends who were running with "illegal" chalk drawings and messages.
Janelle and Melanie trace Lacey--she was supposed to be a person running.
So excited to see three of our fellow ward members run by!
The most tragic moment: completely missing said ward members as they ran by. :(
The most exciting moment: cheering for a man wearing a BYU shirt. Someone in our very large group of friends saw him early and we all SCREAMED and cheered as he went by. It was loud and crazy and fun. There was no doubt about where much of our crowd had been to undergrad! He had a huge smile on his face and I think he was video taping us with his iPhone as he ran. Who is coordinated enough to do that?! Hopefully that scream from 20 or 30 (including kids) unknown fans gave him the extra juice to finish strong. It was awesome.
The elite women run by the winner pounded out an average of a 5:42 mile.
The elite men run by the winner did averaged a 4:69 minute mile.
Arguably the second cutest moment: David spent a lot of time with his K9 friend Cody. Forget that Cody has a little family member Lilly who is also his friend.
The waves and waves of runners come by. This year we weren't sitting close enough to watch them throw their cups down from the water station but even without the cup tossing it was fun and inspiring to watch.
Another successful year spectating at the Boston Marathon!
3 comments:
Pretty sure I didn't give permission for that butt-shot. Holy moley!
What fun! I think it's great that ya'll get out to support friends. Looks like it was a beautiful day.
How fun! I love cheering runners on... it would be a blast to do it at Boston! Maybe someday I'll qualify to run... probably not, but I guess I'll just dream :)
Post a Comment