Tuesday, May 17, 2011

April Fools Day--No Joke

A friend of mine titled her snowy April Fool's post "Mother Nature Thinks She is Sooo Funny" and that is the cold truth. You might think these photos were from our epic winter but think again...they were taken April 1st. No lie.

I'm sure many of you are thinking "Deidre, just STOP complaining about the weather!" I feel bad but I can't help it. It affects my mood. Even though I acclimate pretty quickly (60's are warm now instead of 80's or 90's) I still compare what I grew up with (March= spring and April is quite warm) as normal. Maybe we all compare where we grew up with where we end up living...for better or for worse!
The snow didn't stay around for long. It melted and we were even able to have a party in the backyard on the weekend.

I'm glad we weren't here on April 1 1997 when mother natured dumped 2 feet of snow on Boston! A few inches seemed much more manageable.

3 comments:

Jacy said...

I think you have every right to keep complaining about the weather. It straight up stinks! And I agree that even 50's and 60's would be acceptable Spring weather (which I would've thought was crazy cold just a few years ago), but it isn't even managing to eek that out. Seriously, what's up with the 30's and 40's in April and May?! I'm over it, too!

Heather said...

I totally agree. Whatever happened to global warming? I rushed out and bought Rex sandals last week thinking we had finally hit warm...not so. I think I might die...or need to get some meds for seasonal depression if this keeps up much longer.

History Teaching said...

However, the really funny story about this picture is that Deidre sent this picture in an email to our family. Von responded to the email by running home taking a picture of our house in Arizona....the sun was shinning and there was green grass :) Von who doesn't email that often sends an email with the picture of our house and no message...haha :)

Love you Dee! Hope you ready for the whole family to come see you!!!