I borrowed (read--stole) an idea from a few friends who had successfully thrown a wonderful Cupcake Wars inspired birthday party. I have four good friends who had recent birthdays (three of them during the same week!) so it was a perfect theme.
Most of the guests brought cupcakes to enter into the competition and this is what the spread was beautiful. And HUGE. Don't underestimate how quickly you get full after eating several tiny cupcakes. Must. Have. Milk.
It was really amazing to see what everyone brought. They were all different. I hadn't ever heard of most of these types of cupcakes before.
We opened a few gifts first.
l to r: Eliza, Akayleia, Lacey holding Jenna's baby Landon, and Jenna
But then the party really got started.
Akayleia might have failed to shove that entire cupcake into her mouth but it was just a snippet of how the night went. I honestly have not had that much fun since high school. I mean that in a good way. There was some WILD giggling going on. I suppose that is what happens when you get a bunch of Mom's together after kids bed time and supply infinite amounts of sugar. :) I'm already wondering if we should do it again next year.
We had the birthday girls judge the cupcakes. Every participant got an award. Some of them were for cutest and best decorated. Others were for "fits in your hand but not in your mouth" (wonder who got that award) or Next Stop Food Network, Julia Child in Disguise and so on.
We voted for our favorite cupcakes and picked a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Embarrassingly, my cupcakes won first place. I blame Noelene's lemon curd filling. Even though I made the cupcakes Brad had made the filling and it just wasn't right for me to take the credit. He got to get in on the award action too.
Heather came in what I'm assuming a close second. She made two different types of cupcakes that were out of this world.
And Lacey came in third with her delectable cupcakes.
Yum. Fun. What more could you ask from a birthday party? I'd say it was a success!
A photo of the whole crew. Watch out! We bake cupcakes.
6 comments:
Holy cow that looks like so much fun! What a great idea. That reminds me of when we had Kick A** cupcakes passed out at church for mother's day a year or 2 ago. Those were so different and delicious. Great pics! Miss you guys:)
Lindsay
What a wonderful idea... looks like you had a great time!!!
What a great idea for a Party. Not even a Birthday party, just to have a party! Perfect and it looks like veryone had a great time.
Love, love, love it!
Christine did this for a YW activity and it was awesome.
Still so sad/mad that I missed this! So much fun, and such great ladies!
So fun! You are always doing such fun things! You make me so jealous! xx
Post a Comment