We left Niagara and headed for Palmyra. We stopped at the first thing we saw because David was pretty sick of being in the car. He was able to play in the grass for a few minutes and get those wiggles out. Hill Cumorah ended up being a good place to start.
After seeing some things in the visitors center we climbed up to the top. I'm embarrassed to say we both huffed and puffed some but it was steep. David laughed and kicked his legs the whole way up. I don't know if he was laughing at his out of shape parents or if he was happy to be in the carrier and out of the seat...
We were able to sit at the top and rest and enjoy the view. We tried to imagine what it must have been like for Moroni or Joseph Smith.
We climbed back down and David laughed all the way again. That was pretty funny. We ended the day by seeing the Joseph Smith Farm. I didn't feel like taking anymore pictures. Our tour group was just us and the missionaries. I can't decide if I liked it better that way or if I prefer a big group. It definitely seemed more personal. We drove by the Palmyra Temple which surprised me because I didn't know there was one. We learned that some of the windows in that temple are placed so you can see straight into the sacred grove. I'd like to go inside next time. We came back to our hotel happy but tired!
4 comments:
You'll have to stop going on trips all the time or you'll have no where left when you get about 2 years in! I loved Palmyra. I could definitely live there if it wasn't for the winters.
How fun! David has gotten so big. I remember when he is just a month old. How time goes by so fast. You all look great! I have a blog, but I am new at it. I am going to work on it today and catch up with news. Hope you are doing well. Miss you. Love Auntie Lisa
Looks like you are getting out on lots of trips...I loved visiting the Palmyra area too, it's beautiful!
Hey that's right near where Ben and Shanae live!!!!
Post a Comment