Saturday, August 30, 2008

Niagara Falls

David wasn't so cooperative with the huge grins today but he had a good time. It took awhile to go across the US/Canada border. I was excited to add another country to my list. We mostly just walked along the falls and took in the sights.

This really isn't the grandest view but you get the idea...

We had one unfortunate detour in the visitors center. Brad always loves a good candy store and couldn't resist this one. It was probably the coolest candy store I've seen. David and I were having fun watching a lady dip caramel apples and cover them with nuts. I'll admit to having a chocolate tooth BUT I really am good about not buying overpriced sweets. Brad is not. He got "lost" for a bit and came back with chocolate dipped licorice and marshmallows. Ugh. I have a hard time not trying it once it is already bought!
 
Brad really liked this picture of David in action. I think his eyes look funny but oh well. David had fun looking at the falls and really seemed to enjoy the constant mist that sprinkled him.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I'm so excited to see you doing these things... it is a wonderful opportunity for you and your family!

We've been to the places that you went to for this weekend trip and LOVED them all! Everything is so much more amazing when you see it first hand!

We've never been to Boston... perhaps we'll get there while you are still there!

Lisa Tucker said...

David is always smiling! I love it. What a great smile he has.