My friend Sarah and her baby Julia came to visit this week. Her husband had a really bad med school rotation at OSU so she just decided to come here and see David and I since Ben wouldn't be around too much.
I can only take so many pictures of myself and David so you get to enjoy photos from the temple. Getting to and from the airport in Providence, RI took nearly all of Monday. We were glad when the two babies stopped bothering each other and fell asleep in the back. On Tuesday we dragged everyone to a Dr's appointment and later went back to the Old North Bridge. We enjoyed a little historical presentation.
On Wednesday we met up with Sarah's sister-in-law who lives in Cambridge. We had lunch at the Olive Garden. David ate and flirted with the women eating lunch near us and Julia slept. Not too bad! We spent the rest of the day running errands and window shopping; we were gone for quite awhile and surprised at how well the little ones cooperated.
On Thursday we took the "T" into Boston and Sarah got the abbreviated Freedom Trial tour from David and I. We were a little disappointed that Fanuiel Hall was closed and we couldn't go on the more formal tour that we had originally planned. But Sarah and Julia seemed to enjoy just taking in the city. Brad came home early and we all went out to dinner.
On Friday we walked around the temple grounds and did a little more window shopping. Who doesn't love just looking at Target!? On Saturday we squeezed three adults and two babies into our Corolla and took Sarah to the airport. Brad, David and I enjoyed an afternoon in Providence. (I think it is much nicer than Boston.) Phew, it was a busy week.
8 comments:
Deidre, do you think I'm a baby?
Looks like a very busy week, but a good one. What time did conference come on for you guys?
Looks like a great week! It's always nice to have visitors isn't it?! Hope things are good xx
So fun to have a friend visit! I LOVE Target!
David is getting so big and SO CUTE!
Have I told you how much I enjoy reading your blog? I get all excited when you have a new post! It's fun to read about all of your sightseeing adventures. They sound like fun, and I'll bet they're even more fun when a friend comes to visit and you get to be the tour guide!
Wow, it's been a while since I've peeked at the blog. The blog is a fabulous update, David is getting really big and so very cute. Give him a squeeze. Congrats Brad on becoming a Navy officer officially! Love you guys...Heidi
Deidre - email me - hs1121@gmail.com
Horray for your news. You're going to have them even closer than we are :) We must be brave people...lol.
Post a Comment