Saturday, October 10, 2009

Cranberry Festival

A friend of ours suggested checking out the cranberry festival that happens over Columbus Day weekend. We couldn't resist giving it a try. It started with a train ride over the bogs.

We were all looking at the camera!

I was a little disappointed with the cranberry bogs we drove through on the train. They weren't flooded and didn't look anything like the Ocean Spray commercial I'd hoped for.

The Clark Family (sans a studying Dad)

90% of our day was spent riding rides like "Jumbo" and the toddler train at Edaville USA. Our camera battery went dead and I didn't get to capture all of the fun.

William did a fantastic job even though he couldn't really ride much. David liked all the toddler rides and Jumbo but he wasn't too sure about the rocket ships. He loved to say "choo choooo" at the trains. Highlights for Brad and I were the Scrambler, and as the Clark's oldest put it, the "Tilterwhirl." I'd forgotten how fun cheesy carnival rides can be.

A Cranberry Bog
Doesn't look like much does it? But WAIT!


A flooded bog with the crimson berries floating on top. Wonderful!

We spent the last 10% of the time with the cranberries. We would have stayed longer but it was time for little boys to nap in the car and get home.

One sour face! David's expression can attest that the berries don't quite taste sweet.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

You guys are so adventurous! Okay--the first pic of the bog very disappointing. The flooded: very nice! I would have envisioned the tv commercial too!