Thursday, October 29, 2009

Jan's Halloween Bash

My friend Jan had the grand idea of throwing a little Halloween party for the Mom's and kids who are involved in the visiting teaching program. She was so creative and came up with all kinds of awesome food ideas.

Mummy Hotdogs
(I didn't make them, but they were cute)

Scary Apple Teeth

A Plate of Scary Apple Teeth

Vegetable and Dip Skeleton

I did the apple teeth and the skeleton but I'll admit Jan sent me the specific ideas. I was surprised by how easy they were (and by how not brown the orange juice kept the apples!) maybe someday I'll come up with this stuff on my own.

David wouldn't eat much but instead played with a whole new world of cars and trains. William climbed the stairs while I was working in the kitchen...but didn't fall. It was fun to get together and I think the kids really enjoyed it.

2 comments:

Jessica Gonzalez said...

How did you do the apple teeth? Those are awesome, but look painfully hard! I'm impressed!

Deidre said...

So the cutting of the apples is where you do the most work...but it wasn't so bad. The teeth are (wait for it...) almond slivers! Who knew? They were pretty easy.