We headed down to Gillette Stadium--home of the New England Patriot's--to support a few friends at the finish of the Ragnar Relay. It was 198 miles; twelve people and from what I hear lots of work and fun! Most of our friends had finished running earlier in the day but we were glad we made it (by mere seconds!) to watch the team enter the stadium.
Becky and Melanie
Congratulations!!
Jackson had fun with us on Friday while his Mom was running but David decided to put Desitin in Jackson's hair. Our poor friend is still looking a little greasy here--that stuff is hard to get out and dish soap is the only thing that does the trick.
The whole team. Go I Be Pro Fun!
David found his friend Chris.
As always, Will was firmly attached to his Daddy.
I've been in awe as I've watched my friend Melanie run four times each week in preparation for this race. She has been preparing since January. Sometimes Melanie ran twice on Saturdays. She even trained on her vacation. It has been really motivating for me to see her make and achieve such an amazing fitness goal. I've appreciated the night time texts inviting me to the gym. Why does working out always seem easier when someone else is there with you?
Congratulations to Daija, Becky, Heidi, and Collette as well, I'm so impressed.
For you runners out there Ragnar holds several races in the West including the Wasatch Back in Utah, the Del Sol in Arizona, and the Northwest Passage in Washington. All sound wonderful. I think my Aunt Heidi Hansen and my cousin's wife Cara Lyon have participated in Utah. I'm particularity intrigued by the one in Washington starting out in Blaine and ending at Deception Pass.
1 comment:
Wow, what an achievement. That looked like a lot of hard work! I love the name of the team too--now that's creative!
Post a Comment