It was quite the adventure getting Danielle to church on Sunday. Her meeting was at 2 and ours was at 1. Brad stayed back with a sick William (only because I stayed back with a sick David last week) and Danielle, David, and I left the house before 12 noon. We dropped Danielle off in Cambridge--not far from Harvard Square--more than an hour early and headed for our building in Weston.
An interesting side story to where the singles ward meets is that building actually burned last year. The congregation was participating a satellite meeting with Salt Lake--the same meeting we were watching at our building. There was some sort of electrical fire and members were evacuated. It was a little sad since the Brattle street building (one of the few that are accessible by public transit) was the first meeting house in Boston. For now the single's ward meets at the Divinity School right across from the old meeting house that is being redone.
I used the GPS to get to our building. Unfortunately Brad had set it to avoid toll roads. I didn't know and I ended up winding around a terribly convoluted route and barley made it to our ward by 1. Something similar happened when I tried to go to the airport once too. Maybe I should think to find my bearings and get directions before just relying on the GPS!
I realized that for the first Sunday I probably should have just let Danielle come to our ward with us like she wanted. I just wanted her to attend the singles ward and feel like she belonged there. Picking her up was much easier. I took the freeway back and I arrived there not too long before her meeting was over at 5.
No comments:
Post a Comment